Short+Sweet is an Australian theatrical initiative that has grown into an international creative brand - presenting Theatre, Dance and Music Festivals, all made up of works that last just 10 minutes or less!
The 10 minute time limit is fun and entertaining and helps to keep S+S accessible, delivering audiences and participants alike with an enjoyable and exciting experience of the theatre.
The Sydney program of S+S is now the biggest short play festival in the world. Other cities to host annual festivals include: Mumbai, Melbourne, Singapore, Canberra, Kuala Lumpur, Newcastle, Chennai, New Delhi, Dubai, Bengalaru, Penang, Brisbane and now Manila!
Festival participants are made up from established, emerging and aspiring actors, writers, directors, singers, choreographers, composers and musicians. S+S is a powerful developmental program that provides them with a professional platform to showcase their talent and foster professional career opportunities in the stage, film, TV and radio.
The Philippines is a country with great potential and a lot of natural talent. S+S will be a wonderful springboard and we believe and hope to uncover a new generation of artists and performers.
While it might take some time to build an annual event as large as the one in Sydney, we have set the ball rolling in Manila.
Short + Sweet in collaboration with the University of Philippines will be hosting the Short+Sweet Theatre Festival in Manila from 26 Feb 2014 to 9 March 2014.
The Selection process will be as follows:
- Scripts will be assessed by Short+Sweet Theatre’s highly acclaimed three-stage assessment process. A shortlist of the best works entered is then determined.
- Short+Sweet Theatre directors then select one play each to direct.
- Actors audition for roles through our open Short+Sweet Theatre Auditions.
The Festival will be as follows
- The first set of ten plays will be hosted from 26 Feb to 2 Mar at UP
- The second set of ten plays will be hosted from 4 Mar to 8 Mar at UP
- The best five from Week 1 and Week 2 selected by a Jury and an Audience Poll will compete at the grand finale on 9 Mar at UP
If your theatre group is interested to be a part of this festival, write to us at email@example.com