Stella Adler Academy Hollywood Short + Sweet Film Festival
We invite you to submit your short film (5-10 minutes) and be part of an amazing new festival based in the heart of Hollywood. The Stella Adler Academy Hollywood Short+Sweet Film Festival is open to all comers but most welcome are local film makers.
Let’s face it - attention spans are not getting any longer and this celebration of cinema, creativity and storytelling is a professional pathway for talented film makers, writers, actors, cinematographers and directors.
We know something about how it's done… The Stella Adler Academy of Acting & Theatre – Los Angeles is a world renowned acting school located in the heart of Hollywood, CA offering extensive training for the serious actor in theatre, film, and television. The Technique grew out of Stella Adler’s work with Stanislavski, the father of modern acting and has been studied by many of the world's most notable actors, directors, and writers including: Marlon Brando, Robert DeNiro, Salma Hayek, Benicio Del Toro, Holland Taylor, Gary Ross, Eric Stoltz and Mark Ruffalo, and many more.
If your film is chosen to be part of the first festival you’ll join a program that features local and international films that will be presented at the Stella Adler Theatre on Hollywood Blvd in July/August 2017. You’ll have the chance to win Awards and Prizes. Of course we'll make sure that the 'right' people are invited along and your work is seen to it's best advantage.
The Best Film (chosen by respected industry judges) and the People’s Choice Winner (chosen by the audience) will be selected to take part in the International Short+Sweet Film Festival Gala Final on August 24 at the beautiful and historic Egyptian Theatre on Hollywood Blvd. That’s where the winning films from S+S Film Festivals in Sydney, Melbourne, Manila, Dubai and Chennai will compete to take out the International Best Film Awards.
The festival is a proud member of the Short+Sweet family - the biggest 10 minute performing arts festival in the world - with events in 30+ cities across 12 countries. It’s been around for 20 years with the first S+S Theatre Festival in Sydney Australia in 2002 and to date have presented over 5,500 original new works in Theatre, Music and Dance. It might have started on the other side of the world in far off Australia but the global home of the S+S Film is now right here in Hollywood where it belongs.
Earlybird Deadline (June 15th)
Regular Deadline (July 11th)
Late Deadline (July 21st)
Notification Date (July 24th)
Festival Dates (July 31st - August 21th)
Gala Final (Sunday, August 24th)
This festival hasn't posted any news articles yet.
This festival doesn't have any active submission
FILM HOLLYWOOD TEAM
HOW THE FESTIVAL WORKS
The Stella Adler Academy Hollywood Short+Sweet Film Festival is unique in that by entering your film, you are actually entering all our Short+Sweet Film Festivals currently open for submissions both online and world-wide, all for the one entry fee. In 2016/17 films will be considered for our online festival, Sydney, Brisbane and Hollywood Festivals, with our Grand Finals being held in Hollywood on 24 August 2017. With more cities being announced over the next few months.
Following on from the legacy and tradition of its parent theatre festival, the Short+Sweet Film Festival is dedicated to promoting local talent and showcasing it to the world. As well as encouraging filmmakers to enter, we want theatremakers and playwrights who have previously entered Short+Sweet plays to adapt them into screenplays and enter for a chance to win our Best Adaptation Prize. We see no reason why the theatre and film worlds should be so separated, and we aim to bridge that divide.
In keeping with the Short+Sweet tradition, all films must be 10 minutes or less (not including title) and can be shot and edited on any device.
You must have the permission to use any images, storylines, music etc. in your film.
No restrictions on the Device(s) used to record or create video and audio.
No restrictions on Software used to create, edit or enhance video and audio.
Films in any language are welcome, but must be subtitled in English.
The festival is open to filmmakers of ALL ages and levels of experience.
No limits, other than your imagination.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering your film to S+S Film Festival you are agreeing to the following:
1.The running time of my Film is 10 minutes or less. Films longer than 10 minutes will not be considered and and the entry fee forfeited.
2. I am the creator of the Film and I give permission for the Film to be presented at any Short+Sweet (S+S) festival or event for which it is eligible. If I am not the (sole) creator of the film I warrant that I have obtained all necessary permissions of writers, originators or contributors.
3. Should my film be selected for a S+S Festival or event I understand I will receive no royalties or other payment for any screenings, live or virtual, but will be eligible for prizes and professional development opportunities.
4. I understand that my Film will be assessed by a selection committee and that no communication will be entered into by S+S regarding this process. The selection decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. I give S+S the right to screen/record/photograph my Film for archival, marketing and publicity purposes (including in unpaid public forums such as YouTube, Vimeo or similar).
6. A Film which has been publicly screened in the host city of any of S+S festival is still eligible for entry and consideration in any of our S+S festivals and cities.
7. All plays which have been adapted into films must have the permission of the playwright.
8. I understand copyright material cannot be used unless I have documentation to prove legal authorisation from the musician, artist, writer or record label.
9. I may also be required to provide Actor Release Forms to be signed by the people appearing in your film.
10. I understand that Films in any language are eligible, but must be subtitled in English.
11. The festival is open to filmmakers of all ages and levels of experience.
12. Submission deadline for The Stella Adler Academy Hollywood S+S Film Festival is 11:59pm (PT), July 21, 2017.
13. All content submitted must be in accordance with the law and any perceived illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
14. I understand that if my Film is selected as a finalist I will be required to provide S+S with the highest quality recording of the Film so that it can be screened.
15. No restrictions on the Device(s) used to record or create video and audio.
16. No restrictions on Software used to create, edit or enhance video and audio.
17. The festival is open to filmmakers of ALL ages and levels of experience.
18. The cost of entry to S+S Film is $20. If you need another payment method or are having trouble with payment please contact us at email@example.com.
The personal information provided by you will only be used by us for The Stella Adler Academy Hollywood Short + Sweet Festival, other Short +Sweet Festivals, competitions and related activities, and to communicate with you about those activities. You can opt out of these at any time by responding to any emails received with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or the body of an email.
HOW TO ENTER
PRIZES AND JUDGES
The winning films will be screened in Los Angeles at the Short+Sweet International Film Festival Gala Final on August 24 at the Egyptian Theatre on Hollywood Blvd.
There are many other awesome prizes up for grabs including mentorships with working Hollywood industry professionals, producers and actors who are Alumni or on the Stella Adler LA Board.
There are also other local prizes to be won and awards including: Best Film, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Screenplay, People's Choice, Best Actor (F+M)
In addition, by entering the Stella Adler Academy Hollywood Short+Sweet Film Festival your film is eligible for selection in any of the other S+S Film Festivals around the world over the next 12 months - Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Melbourne, Brisbane, Auckland, Dubai, Kolkata, Chennai, Canberra, Abu Dhabi, New Delhi, Wollongong, South Coast (NSW) and Wellington.